Quantcast

Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 1 of Kendi's 30 x 30 Challenge

"Holy heck it's bright out here!"
 "Don't take a picture just yet!"
"Seriously, stop for a second, my eyes are tearing up!"
"Oh forget it, I'll just look down at the ground."

First, say hello to my brick wall.  Or my little friend (in my best Al Pacino impersonation).  We're all gonna become real good friends over the next 30 days okay?  If I'm going to be taking outfit photos everyday for the next 30 days, you're getting them in front of the wall and that's that.  There's just no way around it.  No amazing architectural backgrounds, no fields of bloom, no grungy industrial backdrops.  I've got kids to feed and butts to wipe (oh, and a job to get to).  Sorry, just being upfront and honest because that's the kind of girl I am.

Second, welcome to the normal discourse between an irritated husband and wife.  The husband is being directed by his wife on how to take her picture for her blog.  He rushes through it and she gets irritated because she's acting like they're on the set of an Annie Leibowitz Vanity Fair shoot, acting so serious and all.  It's all in the name of good clean fun though, and the husband and wife kiss and hug and say goodbye, and life goes on.

The outfit details are as follows:
Jeans: Gap Always Skinny
Shoes: Dolce Vita (I was salivating over these Marc by Marc Jacobs boots and found these a somewhat acceptable alternative at a much more acceptable price of $69 via Marshalls) 
Jacket, Funnel Neck Vintage Sweatshirt (yes, it's a friggin sweatshirt!  How cool is that?!?) and super duper long tank all via my job.   

p.s. I said I wouldn't post a daily outfit, but more of a weekly wrap-up, and I still plan on doing that, but since it was Day 1 of the 30x30 challenge, I just couldn't help it!  I promise you won't have to see my mug on here every day for the next month.

10 comments:

  1. I KNEW it would be cute! LOVE the boots, LOVE! So excited to see your mixes! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the irritated husband & wife discourse, I know it well. Cute outfit, looking forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots with the skinny jeans. And I want a sweatshirt that looks that chic! I would never have known it was a sweatshirt until you said so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how chic and casual this looks. I had to laugh at the husband and wife discourse. Mine was: Husband takes picture "looks good." I look at it "You cut off my feet, and what's with that face I'm making? Do it again!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT outfit! Looks sooooo Fallish. I personally am so unstylish that I could easily make 30x30 last for an entire year, but I'm really enjoying everyone's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not gonna lie...this challenge stresses me out. Can't wait to watch how you mix it all up!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so stylish,I don't mind having your fotos every day!I'm taking the remix ,too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool challenge.
    You look hot! :)Can I have the boots when you're done with the 30 day challenge?!? Just kiddin'.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that funnel neck sweatshirt - and I LOOOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. casual cool. you look like you're being yourself and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...